My Blog List

Monday, October 13, 2014

Aloset Naiset ja Auringon Miehet

The title which our former Mission President's wife, Sisar Rawlings, said the Finns have given us, meaning Women of Light and Men of the Sun.

Have you ever thought about light? As a child which so many are, scared of the dark, needing a nightlight. Something to give them comfort. As a child the Primary songs always brought the light back in after a scary nightmare. My favorite was,

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

His love shines light on this dark world. It is physically impossible for light and darkness to be at the same place at the same time. When you are in a dark room and turn the light switch on, in seconds the darkness disappears and there is nothing but light.

That is what this gospel is for me. Jesus Christ, is the source of all light. We as imperfect mortals cannot even understand the physical, real power that comes from unshakable faith in the Savior Jesus Christ.For friends and family not of this faith reading this letter, not even considering religion. Think of the times, or specific things in your life that have and do enlighten your mind. Those things that give you the encouragement to go back out there and try again, the light that leads you to find that great job, or a good friend. That extreme happiness you get when you gave help to someone that was in desperate need. Collect all those pieces of light, and pure joy, and you will realize the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ matches up perfectly and explains the reason for the light. The light of truth will always lead to more truth until understanding comes that Jesus is the Christ, the reason that we can always try again, there are no permanent endings Because of Him.

This week had some hard spots, but also so many amazing aspects. I'm so grateful for the teacher of contrast. Our dear friend J. Who we have be meeting with for the last 2 months 3 times a week, church every Sunday, has grown and found out that the Atonement is real. He decided that he has received all the answers at this moment that he needs. That because of a specific commandment in the word of wisdom, he just cant give up, and is not willing to sacrifice in order to come closer to his Father in Heaven and embrace the many MANY more blessings. It broke my heart. I can only imagine how the Lord feels when we decided we have heard enough from Him, for the next 2 years or however long it takes until WE decide we want more, when HE has the answer to all the problems we are facing. The Lord just started answering J's questions more fully and now he is just clutching onto those few. Why is it so difficult for us to see that we could clutch onto 3 or we could open up to millions more.

Though that had been pretty sad for us, he still came to church and we will talk more in 2 weeks time, give him time to pray about the restoration.

On Monday last week we hoped onto a train for 5 hours south to Vaasa and we did splits with our wonderful sisters there! I was with Sisar Pace, she has only been here 3 months now and speaks amazingly, she is the funnniest one too! She had me rolling all day long. I had been praying that miracles would be able to happen in their area. We drove the car out for an hour to Seinäjoki, and man did miracles happen. After we had a teach with this member we felt like there was someone in the building ready to hear the gospel, so we pray about a couple doors and try 2, both shut us down pretty fast, but then I feel pretty strongly this other door. So we knock and this British man answers who turns out has just been thinking what happened to Jesus Christ's church, what would it be like in modern days if He were living on the earth! So great, super ready to meet next week and talk more. Sis. Pace said its been a very long time since they found any investigators in that area. Then we were also able to find a piano player, used to be a jazz pianist that could possibly play voluntarily for the small Seinäjoki branch. Also we got in contact with this less active woman who they have been trying to get in contact with for MONTHS, and that day she was just so welcoming and we taught her and she even is going to come to the teach next week with the British guy!! It was just so great to see the Lord's hand.

As most of you know we have been praying SOOOOOOO hard all day everyday to find and family. This whole transfer it felt like we weren't even getting close. GUESS WHAT??!?!?! this week we found 2, well actually the Lord already found them, it was just divine locating, is what we call it. One is a mother and daughter that we found while they were playing soccer, we awkwardly biked over to them, and Sis LOn saturday we finally got them, 5 kids, both parents are legitimately the coolest people I've ever met! The Dad has even visited our church before! They are soo cool, all tattoed up, but the sweetest ever! They want us to come back next week and do family home evening!

The Lord has just been helping us so much, we have such a packed with planned with alot of family home evenings with members and their friends!

I hope you all are having a great week and I encourage you all to watch Elder Bednar's Talk from this last general conference. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/come-and-see?lang=eng
See i even took time to look it up for you! It is all about why I share this light. How can you share or find this light more in this beautiful month of October? I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas next week!

Love you all long time (=

Sisar Hubner

P.S. Our adorable Vietnamese friends made us this delicious dessert! Yummm i was so excited, as you can see!

Its SOOOOO Dark here, its incredible almost pitch black at 18.30! and today it is snowing, it has been so cold all week with just freezing rain in the face all day, had to pop out the extra thermals, double gloves, and huge scarves. LEGOOO winter.


Greatest Finnish family out there! my bml and his family. there son in serving in Ogden.....it would be cool if Tasha and Eric ever saw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment