My Blog List

Monday, May 12, 2014

A Week To Remember!


First off it was amazing to see my family yesterday! I love you guys so much, and Mom I hope you had a great mother's day!

So this weekend P. got baptized on Saturday and it was so amazing, He was so prepared, and had all these questions of what happens after baptism and when can he receive the Priesthood. It was amazing, it has been so great seeing him growing and learn, and test out this gospel, and listen to him talking to his Father in Heaven. It has been so humbling to really see the Lord's hand in all of this and for Him being gracious enough to let us play a little part in it. We sang as a group of missionaries Kasten Jälkeen, When I am baptized (I think that’s the name, the I love to look for rainbows one). The spirit was so strong and as we sang I saw P. with his girlfriend member holding hands, getting teary eyed. I was able to see a little bit of the future for them, and understand how a little better how this faith, repentance, and baptism, then onto the temple changing this life, and eternity forever. On Sunday he received the gift of the Holy Ghost and it was so great to hear the blessing of how much His Father loves him and has been mindful of P. his entire life. He was received into the ward with open arms and was so great to see him connect with the members better. 


I am kind of at a loss for words of how to explain how much joy that is in my heart right now. I have learned so much on this mission, and have been so humbled by every single experience, big or small that has happened. 

While talking to my dad right before we ended Skype he said when I asked for last works of advice. ''Don’t give up. When you get on that plane ride on the way back home, you figuratively hand over your mission to the Lord and say this is my sacrifice, and want to say, I did as best as I could.''

That is one thing I have promised to the Lord, no matter how hard, how discouraged, how sad, I get. I will never give up, I will keep falling, but I will keep getting back up, with the help of my Savior. Brightening my eyes and heart to having full hope and faith, and moving forward with more game plans. 

Speaking of Game plans, this next one we are working on getting the youth involved and excited it will be called ''Youth Explosion'' gotta get a wave, coming in, and brightening up this beautiful country! If you have any ideas, about it, or something cool your missionaries did in your area, or what you have done, send me a message and let me know. This is going to be EPIC.

I love you all, keep it real, and keep smiling; the Gospel is the good news. The Lord is on our side, what do we got to fear?

Love ya,

Sisar Hubner

P.S. gave a talk at P's baptism on the gift of the holy ghost, my president once explained in a very simple way that imagine your life is made into a movie, baptism represents editing out all the bad parts. But the thing is you are still the same character that could probably do those bad things again. That is why we need the gift of the Holy Ghost, which literally changes our character. Literally helps us open our eyes and see the way the Savior sees when we act on promptings, it changes us, to only desire to do good. That is why the Holy Ghost is THE most precious gift the Father can give us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment