My Blog List

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Transfers!


So as you all know, due to the title of this email its we got our change calls early this week. I have been here for 8months now in Tampere so I was getting the feeling that maybe I would be leaving. We got the call a couple days early which was a surprise to say the least and guess who is staying in TAMPERE?!? This sisar! Woot woot. I am actually really excited because this is miracle time, and the Lord has blessed me enough to be here to see it happen. Also there must be work that I still haven't done yet. Prayers! That we will find the ones who are ready for this gospel. Our mission president said that while he was praying, he felt very strongly the Lord say to Him, and with His help every area in this mission can have a baptism this month and next month. So exciting, we are holding to the Lord's promise and putting our faith in Him. 


We have been working with P. for a while, we found him from the ancient referral site and he has been so interested in finding truth. Well we reset the baptismal date for the 3rd of May, and it is looking like the conversion is taking place, He literally seems like a new man, then from the beginning. He is living the word of wisdom and though he says it has been way hard to go without coffee, he can feel the difference. He has been going to church down in Helsinki with his girl friend who is a member down there, and they have just accepted him into the ward with open arms, and he loves going to church, and always has so many questions for us. It’s so great to teach people that have questions, and want to learn! It seemed that for a while we were just trying so hard to get people to want this, but that is not our purpose, our purpose is to find those who are searching for the truth but know not where to find it. Thanks to the counsel from Neco and Felipe, we were able to teach this time at a member's house through the commitment of living the law of chastity, through the importance of Baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. We asked why it would be important for him to live it he went on with this whole testimony of it, and smiled and said that of course he would live it!!!!!! It was magic, and then this member just sincerely testified about the blessing of baptism and how it is a new start and right now he doesn’t understand it all, but he soon will and will be ready for his baptism by reading the Book of Mormon and praying fervently to his Father. It was so powerful and P. was really moved by this lesson. Prays for him that he will continue to feel the answers that he has been looking for. 

Also this week, I don't know if you know this about me but I just love Asians. In any way shape or form, and I saw this adorable Chinese woman on the street pushing her stroller and I immediately ran over there and started talking to her. Of course she was too cute, and so kind and said that we could come over on Saturday but she wasn’t that religious, but we will see.
So we went over on Saturday and we had a timing mess up but we went with her and her son so that he could play at the park and just talked to HER about her and learned more about her and her needs. Its so interesting how that changes things, instead of thinking about what can we say, or we do. But rather just listening and care about her, the gospel naturally comes out, because it has the answers to everything. She told us how it was really hard to be in Finland, and that he husband was always at work and how she wants to be a good Mom but she is so tired, and feels that she isn't doing good enough, and I just started talking about my amazing mom, how she had to deal with me as a kid and though I must have made her so tired and warn out, that the one thing that helped her so much was prayer, and that her Father in Heaven would give her more energy, and more love to love me beyond herself. We continued to teach her about prayer and she was so interested and wanted to try and had such sincere questions of how she could actually get answers, at the end she said the sweetest prayer I have ever heard, thanking her Father in heaven for her son and the sun shine, and an opportunity to meet new with us. It was so sweet and she is so ready to learn more and wants a relationship with God. 

It was so humbling to be able to teach her simply about the love that God has for her specifically. I know understand better how important it is to teach this first, so that no matter what happens after the lesson they leave feeling the conviction from the spirit that they have a father who loves them unconditionally.

I love you all, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve along my Savior, trying to align my will with his, I haven't gotten it down yet but I want to, and I love that everyday is a new start, that is the message of this gospel, you can never fall too hard, so fast, so far that you are out of reach from the love and cleansing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ to lift and heal the scars. I hope you all reflect a little more on how you have seen the hand of the Savior in your life. 

Rakkaudella, 

Sisar Hubner

P.s. pic 1, is traditional wooden weaved shoes and basket from Finland, pic 2 is my Finnish grandparents, I love them so much, such hard lives, and yet they love beyond their selves and look to lift those whose hands hang low. 





Easter! Pääsiäinen        14 April 2014
Hey Family and Friends, so basically we had a pretty awesome week, I ran out of email time so sorry this is going to be so short. But I just want to give a huge shout out to my Hubner family. I love them more than words can describe they have molded me into the person I am today and keep learning so much from them. 

This week our huge push is to get the doctrine of action under our belts. In the letter our President sent to us he talked about being determined to act on whatever the answer we get from the Lord before we even get the answer, it really also helped me understand how to teach our members and investigators how to really get answers to there prayers. Sisar Pack and I have a system that we have come up with which is called, ''Overcoming Fear'' how to really recognize our fear address it and then face it. There was an article in the Liahona that said that when we are Disciples of Christ, we do whatever to Spirit tells us. I feel like we are soooo close but sometime the fear kicks in and then we only give small commitments or miss the one that we were sent to find. This last week of the transfer, we are trying to just blow it out of the water and get members out with us, and find find find, and set one more baptismal date. It has been so hard to retain our new investigators; we get them with a member present. We are really trying to invite the spirit in, so that they feel something different and want to learn more. 

Cool Story, so we wanted to figure out the referral site a couple weeks ago, because we were convinced if we put the work in then the Lord would give us a miracle. From that site, we found one man, that now has a baptismal date, and just last Saturday we got a call back from the other referral from a couple years ago from the referral site that wanted to meet. We met her with a member present, and it was crazy, all her family just came out of no where and we were able to pick up a few new investigators, received a couple service opportunities, and then that Sunday, her Son and our investigator picked us up and we went to church together. IT was Amazing!

I love my Savior, I have been reading more about His life, and how I can better use His atonement daily so that His suffering wasn't in vain. During this Easter time think about what type of relationship you have with your Savior. How can we become better disciples?

I love you all, 

Sisar Hubner

P:S. The second picture is in Pyyniki, the prettiest part of Tampere, the picture depicts how much I love Finland


Other pictures was during out 'every bodies favorite time, we found a small forest to walk through to get to our appointment, man this place is amazing!! 


P.P.S. Awkward story of the week I accidently told someone I loved the weapon they were wearing, instead of saying the outfit they were wearing......too good, still making noob mistakes with this language sometimes! kuitenkin KIRKKO on Totta!





No comments:

Post a Comment