My Blog List

Monday, October 7, 2013

Hectic Week

So first I want to send this poem that our district leader gave us the first week here in Finland that I get so much strength from!


                                    


The Fellowship of the Unashamed.

''I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.

I am finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tinted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.

I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk with patience, am lifted up in prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. 

I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the case of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.

When He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me, my banner is clear.''


This General conference was so powerful, inviting all members young and old to share this wonderful message of the gospel, because the time will come when there will be no gray area any more. We will either be on the Lord side fighting our hardest or on the other side. I hope this General Conference was a wake up call to all to get into action, and start sharing the one thing this world needs most. 

First Snow

So this week we were in Helsinki for Interim training by our mission president who is basically the most amazing inspired person I know. We learned so much, the biggest thing I have taken away is that as a companionship we must be unified in all things, if we are, Satan has no room to squeeze in, and also that we need every single thing on this mission to be focused on something other than ourselves. When we are at the apartment, focusing on how I can help and build my companion, when on the street, what the Lord needs me to say to touch the hearts of  these people, in church what is needed to be done to help build up these members. The second we look back to ourselves is when we realize how incapable we are of this work with our Savior. When Peter was walking on the water to the Lord the only time he started sinking is when he looked around and questioned. There is no time to look around and start questioning, we need to keep our sights on the Savior and run full force. 



So this past week while tracting and contacting in Espoo with one of the other sisters, we went about all our work with fully praying in our hearts of where to go and what to do. It was just SIsar Nielsen and I in a city we didn’t know and it was a very hectic day, I don’t have time to explain it all, but we were followed by a drunk man, contacted a less active and had them agree to meeting us again. Then on the way out we saw a man on the street felt like we need to talk to him, told him about the Plan of Salvation gave him the pamphlet, then he realized that we were Mormons and turns out he was a former and that he has a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and we set up a time to met again with him. We also stormed the biggest castle of my whole mission, about 20 punk kids, we had met 3 the day before committed them to pray if God was real, we came to see them again, and they had 17 more friends with them. So nerve racking walking up to that group but we did shook everyone’s hands and talked about prayer and Invited them to all try to pray, and come play ultimate frisbee the next day. And then while walking back home, we ''stumbled' upon the Helsinki light up temple and it seriously was the most amazing thing in the whole world to see the House of the Lord is a very wicked world. It refreshed and refocused my mind. 


(The picture is of Sisar Nielsen and I on a freezing raining day by ourselves, Lost and trying to find a less-actives house. It was insanely cold and hard but we pumped each other up and kept going!)


Funny story of the week, my trainer and I were out contacting in Espoo and had a really great conversation about how to plan better and become more effective missionaries. Then when we wanted to go inside, the door was locked and the Espoo Sister's phone was busy, so we got this great Idea to go around back to see if we could get their attention from the back window. So we go around back, they don’t notice our shouts and waving of hands, so then Egan gets this great Idea for me to pick up this rake (they live on the second story) and try to reach up and tap the window to get their attention, because I am the taller one. So without thinking I agree and am trying to reach up and tap the window but I’m too short, and then all of a sudden I hear, ''Äla Älä'' which means like don’t or stop, so then I turn around and two scary looking Finnish security guard are walking up. This is when I realize how stupid this plan is and how bad it makes missionaries look. So at this point I’m way embarrassed that I was caught red-handed and sure that we are going to get in a lot of trouble. So then Egan has no idea what to do, so she tries to explain to them what we are doing so they can hear that we aren’t trying to vandalize or really do anything stupid..... anyways after she is done explaining our tilantemme (situation), they look at each other, walk over to me and take the rake( and I'm like freaking out of my mind, thinking.... I don't know what I was thinking they were going to do but I am so embarrassed) they take the rake, put down the beer can that I didn’t even realize they were holding. Then one takes the rake, then they walk to the window, the one worker picks the other one up, who taps on the window with the rake! I was laughing so hard, it went from being caught red handed doing something way stupid to them doing the same stupid act for us. we got the sisters attention, scared them out of their minds then I thanked them and we went up to the apartment. Because of this hilarious act, ALL FINNS ARE FOREVER REDEEMED in my mind! 

Well I got to go, but I want to challenge you all to honestly pray for missionary opportunities, our friends and random people on the street need this, and be willing to act on the promptings we are given

Love you all

Sisar Hubner

No comments:

Post a Comment