My Blog List

Sunday, July 14, 2013

3rd Week at MTC


Terve Perhe ja Ystävä,
So I have survived 3 weeks at the MTC just barely! Someone said the Days here feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days.  If you have ever been to the MTC you will understand what I'm talking about! So last Thursday (last p-day) was Fourth of July. We had a special 4th of July devotional and sang patriotic songs and watched "17 Miracles", which is such a good movie if any of you were wondering. Then we were given magnum chocolate ice cream bars and watched the fire works and it was so much fun! We are friends with some of the Chilean elders and they are very funny and making jokes all night, which was a nice distraction because it was sometimes sad to think that we had missed all our families celebrations. It was a really fun night though.
Thank you to all who have written me, whether it is on dearelder or mail it seriously makes my day reading whats going on in ya'lls life! To grandma Snyder, I hope you and Grandpa Bernie had fun fishing, to Gretchen you made me laugh so hard with the Ice Age movie quotes esp. "Uncle Fungus?" "they do this to me every year." To Aunt Karly, it was great hearing Dallin's side at the Main campus, I saw him again at devotional on Tuesday, his companion seems chill along with the rest of the elders in his group, they seem like nice guys. To Aria, Saige, and Emma: Your letters were so thoughtful and cute! How did you seal it with wax? Also I showed everyone the pictures you added and they all loved seeing pictures of my family. To Neco I love you so much and thank you for the package, those socks are life savers, I was on the verge of pulling a Grandpa Hubner and wearing my socks inside out! Mom: thanks so much for the package of Japanese candy! I loved it so much and shared with my district and zone and they all said "Kiitos Mama Hubner!" The candy definently tastes better when you share with others.

So last Sunday was fast Sunday and I again bore my testimony in church and it seems like every fast Sunday I am destined to bear my testimony, and might as well take advantage of it as long as I can with it being in English. We fasted for a girl in our district who was not feeling well and she started doing better the next day! Fasting and prayer really does work. We had district meeting and my DL (district leader) asked me to talk for 3-5 minutes on the Atonement. So I started sharing what I had prepared and I felt prompted to share the story about Uncle Clayton, when we found out about the accident, and how even though it was a hard time for us all, that night when we gathered in our Rochester, New York house we could feel the peace that he was needed on the other side, and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that was made possible, that he will live again, and that we will all be able to be reunited especially his family, and that we all felt he was doing a greater work on the other side. I felt the spirit so strongly when I shared that part, and after I sat down and reflected on what had just happened, I felt this overwhelming feeling through the spirit from Uncle Clayton that he was proud of me, that he was proud of Christina, for both of us and what we stand for and what we are doing and that I was able to teach about the atonement using him as an example. It was such an amazing event, that has never happened to me before and I am hoping that all the Hubner family will be able to feel his spirit while reading that message. Also I ran into Christina at devotional on Tuesday! So awesome that we are both missionaries at the same time! Love that girl to the ends of this earth! She will do great things in Japan!

Also on the lines of tender mercies of the Lord, I was having some hard times this week, and I was very frustrated and randomly this Sister missionary came into the room and said, "This is kind of weird but I just have this overwhelming feeling that I need to tell you that the Lord loves you." And I just started crying because that was exactly what I needed to hear at that exact moment. The Lord really is here with us in all things and I especially think at the MTC.  I love being a missionary.

So a thought that hit me this week was, I need to continue to stay focused especially in the language because even though it is such a hard language, I have no idea how I could ever learn this without the Lord. The good news is I don't have to do without the Lord, He will help me as long as I am worthy, and I already feel it, I am doing so much better in this language already then I could have ever done on my own. Also, I am learning this language for my investigators.  If I don't learn it well now, my lack of knowledge and ability to speak the language will directly effected how much my investigators understand.  If i can't communicate well with them, they won't be able to hear the lessons and receive this amazing gospel that give so much joy, hope, courage, direction, knowledge that there is life after this life, and that we can be with our families for eternity! I have no idea how I would cope with my life if I didn't know that there was hope after this life. I love my family so much, it already is so hard being away from them for 18 months, but honestly 18 months of my life is not too much time for some one's forever.

During personal study this week I have been focusing my search on the Holy Ghost and I turned to "Earnest" in the Bible dictionary, and its explanation was something I have never thought of before and then I looked up "Holy Ghost" in the bible dictionary, and I challenge you all to look it up. It made me think of things differently. It talks about the Holy Ghost being a foretaste or promise, a little taste, of what eternal life will be like. Todella Mahtava (so awesome). I love feeling the spirit, I feel so happy like my heart is going to burst from all this joy when I feel the spirit strongly I can't image what eternal life will be like!!

Anyways I am running out of time, but I love all of you so much. I hope this message finds you well. Don't be scared to show the world that your happiness comes from this gospel. Also to all future missionaries, start studying Preach My Gospel,  because once you get to the MTC they base most stuff on thinking that you already have read it, and it take time to closely study it. So if you want to be prepared, don't wait, because you will not be prepared when you get here. I'm so glad I read it thoroughly before I came.

Here is my new favorite scripture for the moment.
D&C 6:34
"Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail."

Wow, that is so profound!! Love this gospel!
Minä tiedän etta kirkko on tota (I know that this church is true)
Minä todistan etta Jesus Kristus on meidän Vapataja ja Lunastaja (I testify that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer)
Minä tiedän etta proffeeta Thomas S. Monson se on todellinen proffeeta tänään. ( I know that Thomas S. Monson is the real prophet today)
Minä todistan etta Jessu Kristus karsi meidän syntien puolesta ja sovitus kautta meidän voimme palausta. ( I know that Christ suffered for our sins and through the atonement we can be saved.)
Minä rakkastan minun perhetta. (I love my family)

Sisar Hübner






 Sister Alayna Hübner with Nathan Johnson (brother to Eric Johnson - Alayna's brother-in-law)


Sister Christina Hubner's name tag next to Sisar Alayna Hubner's name tag
Two Sister Hubners!

No comments:

Post a Comment