My Blog List

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Only 9 Days Left in the USA!


Moi Ystavia ja Perhe!

The weeks keep getting faster and faster, I have learned so much here at the MTC, and am so grateful for this experience! Can’t believe we only have 9 more days left in the USA! Time flies when your working hard, that is for sure! Shout out to my cousins Elder Poyfair and Sister Hubner who are already in the field now I am so excited for them and all the lives that they are going to touch! I don’t have very much time to write so this will probably be a shorter email. Thank you to the Poyfair family for sending the donuts again! I actually met a sister missionary from your ward the other day who knows Dallin. Also I hope Dad is feeling better, and I'm excited to hear from Grandma Snyder’s update on their calling!

SO just a couple things from this week! On Monday or so CMS (coaching missionary study) was going on and me and our district while one of the sister's was getting the CMS, we were talking and I said a joke right as one of the sisters in our district took a drink, and she was laughing so hard she was about to spit it out on the floor then she started choking, and ran to the trashcan because the bathroom was occupied and she started throwing up, but she couldn’t breath still, and her body was heaving and making the scariest noise every because she was gasping for air but nothing was coming, and her face was turning blue and some of the sisters ran to get help, and there was seriously nothing we could do and it was the scariest moment. Finally after what felt like forever she was able to gasp some air and eventually return back to normal but it was such a scary moment for all of us, and then help came about 15 minutes later, and when I talked to her she was crying because it scared her so much too and she said it felt like she was drowning. This moment made me realize once again how fragile life is. How I need to always treat people like this could be the last time I see them and I don’t want to say, do or think anything I regret later. This event really made us all reflect back onto how important life is and how quickly it can be taken away from us. Our message of this gospel is so important, and I pray so hard everyday that I will be able to find those people who are struggling and hurting and are ready to hear and except this message. This gospel can heal the wounded soul, I know that with all my heart, because is has healed me time and time again.

Yesterday we started our Pyhitys Viikko, which is consecration week were we only speak Finnish for the whole week, no English what so ever unless we are talking to our Branch Presidency. This is also a time of self-reflection and a time to think about our goals and the people we want to become, to consecrate our lives, our thoughts and our actions to the Lord. I have been praying and fasting very hard that everyone in our district will take this seriously and try their hardest to speak Finnish. We started with the other district and had a testimony meeting and I felt the spirit so strongly as each of us Finnish missionaries stood up and spoke from their heart. Then one of the Elders offered a prayer in English for the last time until next Wednesday night and the spirit again was so intensely there, as he said " Please help us to leave what ever has been keeping us from becoming better, and that through this consecration week we can have the faith and courage to let go of our past selves and become who thou wilt have us become and align our will with thine." I love our districts so much and I am so grateful for all the work everyone has put in to get where we are now. I know that the Lord listens to our prayers and answers them; he has helped me time and time again.

I pray that I will be able to become the missionary that my Lord and Savior wants me to be, and that I will never forget whose name I wear next to mine! One last thought I want to share from the Devotional this week from Jay E. Jensen quoting David O. McKay,
"We are leading others to see what we see, feel what we feel, and know what we know."

That is why our testimony is todella tärkeä koske se kutsuen pyhan henki (so important because it invites the holy spirit), which can testify to their hearts and help them understand why they need this gospel in their lives so much!

I love you all so much and hope everything is going well wherever you are. Never forget who you are and what you stand for, and what type of impact you can have when you think no one is watching!

Paljon Rakkaudella,

Sisar Hübner

P.S. Have fun in the Lord's Purpose! KIRKKO ON TOTTA (the church is true!)

Hübner Cousin's Last Visit Before Parting for Different Countries!




Sisar Nielson & Hübner

Sisar Hübner & Hermanos Van Hoven



No comments:

Post a Comment